- MSc. in Human Physiology at the University of Copenhagen, in cooperation with the National Research Centre for the Working Environment.
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.), Sports Science, in cooperation with Team Danmark.
Vinstrup J, Skals S, Calatayud J, Jakobsen MD, Sundstrup E, Pinto M, Izquierdo M, Wang Y, Zebis M, Andersen LL. Electromyographic evaluation of high-intensity resistance exercises for lower extremity muscles during bed rest. European Journal of Applied Physiology. 2017.
Vinstrup J, Calatayud J, Jakobsen MD, Sundstrup E, Jørgensen J, Casaña J, Andersen LL. Hand exercises in chronic stroke patients: Dose-response and exercise comparison using electromyography. Journal of Hand Therapy, 2017.
Vinstrup J, Calatayud J, Jakobsen MD, Sundstrup E, Jay K, Brandt M, Zeeman P, Jørgensen J, Andersen LL. Electromyographic comparison of conventional machine strength training versus bodyweight exercises in patients with chronic stroke. Topics in Stroke Rehabilitation, 2017.
Vinstrup J, Calatayud J, Jakobsen MD, Sundstrup E, Andersen LL. Focusing on Increasing Velocity during Heavy Resistance Knee Flexion Exercise Boosts Hamstring Muscle Activity in Chronic Stroke Patients. Neurology Research International, 2016. Open Access.
Vinstrup J, Calatayud J, Jakobsen MD, Sundstrup E, Jay K, Brandt M, Zeeman P, Jørgensen J, Andersen LL. Electromyographic comparison of elastic resistance versus machine exercise for high-intensity strength training in chronic stroke patients. Archives of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, 2016.
Vinstrup J, Sundstrup E, Brandt M, Jakobsen MD, Calatayud J, Andersen LL. Core muscle activity, exercise preference and perceived exertion during core exercise with elastic resistance versus machine. Scientifica, 2015.
Calatayud J, Vinstrup J, Jakobsen, MD, Sundstrup E, Colado JC, Andersen LL. Mind-muscle connection training principle: influence of muscle strength and training experience during a pushing movement. European Journal of Applied Physiology, 2017.
Ajslev J, Brandt M, Møller JL, Skals S, Vinstrup J, Jakobsen MD, Sundstrup E, Madeleine P, Andersen LL.Reducing physical risk factors in construction work through a participatory intervention: Protocol for a mixed-methods process evaluation. JMIR Research Protocols, April 2016.
Andersen LL, Vinstrup J, Jakobsen MD, Sundstrup E. Validity and reliability of elastic resistance bands for measuring shoulder muscle strength. Scand j med sci sports, Juni 2016
Calatayud J, Vinstrup J, Jakobsen, MD, Sundstrup E, Brandt M, Jay K, Colado JC, Andersen LL. Mind-muscle connection training principle during push-ups: Influence of muscle strength and training experience. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, March 2016.
Jay K, Brandt M, schraefel mc, Jakobsen MD, Sundstrup E, Sjøgaard G, Vinstrup J, Andersen LL. Neurocognitive Performance and Physical Function do not Change with Physical-Cognitive-Mindfulness Training in Female Laboratory Technicians with Chronic Musculoskeletal Pain: Randomized Controlled Trial. Medicine, 2016.
Calatayud J, Vinstrup J, Jakobsen MD, Sundstrup E, Brandt M, Jay K, Colado JC, Andersen LL. Importance of mind-muscle connection during progressive resistance training. Eur J Appl Physiol. December 2015.
Additional education and employment:
- PhD Student at the National Research Centre for the Working Environment, 2016-
- Research Assistant at the National Research Centre for the Working Environment, 2014-
- Physical trainer, HBK Elite Badminton, 2013-2014
- Teacher with focus on pain relief, Kiropraxis, 2011-
- Teacher and “specialist”, FitnessDK, 2008-
- Teacher, USG at the Sports Science Institute, University of Copenhagen, 2006-
- Running ambassador, Sparta Copenhagen, 2013-2014.
- Research leader, Snow Fun Test Centre, 2013.
- Physical trainer, Copenhagen University Hospital, 2009-2011.
- Movement Code Sports Science v. Kenneth Jay; MCSS trainer, 2014.
- Krop & Kraft certified, v. Anders Nedergaard, with emphasis on strength training and physiology. 2009.
- HardCORE Coach, v. Jacob Søndergaard, with emphasis on kettlebell-training, 2009.
- FitnessDK education; persontal trainer (2008), instructor, motivation & coaching…
- TRX -certified, 2013.
- Member of fitness committee, DGI Copenhagen, 2012-2013.
- Product tester at VivoBarefoot®, 2012-2013.
- Whiplash & Mild Traumatic Injury, seminar v. Neuroseminars. 2015
- Born to Run Coach, v. Lee Saxby. 2015
- PAIN-seminar with Lorimer Moseley, 2013.
- Kinesiotaping-seminar, K1+K2, v. Sports Pharma, 2013.
- Advanced strength training module at University of Southern Denmark (SDU) v. Per Aagaard, with emphasis on occlusion training, eccentric training for muscle and joint performance & rehabilitation as well as strength training after injury or operation, 2012.
- Supervisor for physiotherapist students
- Reviewer for international peer-reviewed journals
- Academic Writing for researchers
- Translational Neurobiology of the Pain System
- Second Annual Symposium on Physical Activity and Human Performance
- Statistical Analysis of Correlated and Repeated Measurements, SAS
- Project Management, Mannaz.
Certified Z-Health® Movement Specialist:
- R-phase, 2009: Rehab, Restoration, Re-education
- I-phase, 2010: Visual, Vestibular & Proprioceptive systems
- S-phase, 2011: Sport, Skill, Strategy
- T-phase, 2012: Therapy, Threat, Training
- Essentials of Elite Performance, 2012
- 9S – Sustenance & Spirit, 2013
- 9S – Strength and Suppleness, 2014
- 9S – Structure, 2015
- 9S – Speed, 2017
Z-Health is a neurologically based training/ rehabilitation system that allows for instant pain relief, optimized performance and continuous development as well as painless movement. The approach is based on an in-depth understanding of the neurology behind pain, movement and performance and includes looking at the vision and vestibular systems.
The sessions generally consist of many aspects, as the focus can/will be on stress management, nutrition, pain relief, as well as quality movement- and sleep; obviously according to individual goal and needs.
First session will always(!) consist of a thorough history-taking, movement “screening” and identification of individual high payoff drills- and starting points. In relation to the Z-Health lens described above, threat modulation via evaluation of the visual, vestibular and proprioceptive systems will be part of every session no matter if the goal is pain relief or performance gains.
Request an application by sending an email with the titel “training application”.