Dette indlæg opsummerer reviews vedr. LOW carb diæter og risikoen for udviklingen af hjertekarsygdomme, hvor det næste opsummerer reviews vedr. LOW carb diæter og vægttab. Kort sagt, lader der – ud fra nedenstående reviews – stadig ikke til at være hold i at undgå fedt. – ej heller mættet fedt i fornuftige mængder. Faktisk er det en fordel at udskifte visse typer umættet fedt (n-6) med mættet fedt, ift. forekomsten af hjertekarsygdomme (Mozaffarian et al., 2010).
The latest review of all major trials of low carb diets show improved weight AND improvement of all major risk factors for heart disease:
- Santos FL, et al. Systematic review and meta-analysis of clinical trials of the effects of low carbohydrate diets on cardiovascular risk factors. Obes Rev. 2012 Aug 21. doi: 10.1111/j.1467-789X.2012.01021.x. [Epub ahead of print]
Despite half a century of research there is still no evidence that natural saturated fat (like butter, eggs etc.) is anything but completely safe to eat.
Have a look at these recent reviews of all the evidence:
Insufficient evidence of association is present for intake of … saturated or polyunsaturated fatty acids; total fat … meat, eggs and milk.
- Mente A, et al. A systematic review of the evidence supporting a causal link between dietary factors and coronary heart disease. Arch Intern Med. 2009 Apr 13;169(7):659-69.
There were no clear effects of dietary fat changes on total mortality or cardiovascular mortality…
- Hooper L, et al. Reduced or modified dietary fat for preventing cardiovascular disease. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2011 Jul 6;(7):CD002137.
…no significant evidence for concluding that dietary saturated fat is associated with an increased risk of CHD or CVD.
- Siri-Tarino PW, et al. Meta-analysis of prospective cohort studies evaluating the association of saturated fat with cardiovascular disease. Am J Clin Nutr. 2010 Mar;91(3):535-46.
The observational evidence does not support the hypothesis that dairy fat or high-fat dairy foods contribute to obesity or cardiometabolic risk…
- Kratz M, et al. The relationship between high-fat dairy consumption and obesity, cardiovascular, and metabolic disease. European Journal of Nutrition, Online First™, 18 July 2012
Dietdoctor, med tilladelse.